A One and Same Certificate demonstrates that two names are the same. It is employed to demonstrate that a person who goes by several names is, in reality, the same person. This document is necessary since it helps prevent misunderstandings and mistakes in official and legal documents. It contains errors and misunderstandings in legal paperwork.
The state or municipal government provides it. It is necessary for legal documents, driver’s licenses, and passports. It is essential for those whose names have changed due to marriage, divorce, or adoption. Financial and legal transactions may be challenging without them. It is advised to obtain a straightforward method.
How to Get One and Same Certificate?
Steps involved in obtaining the Certificate:
- Step 1: Approach the concerned revenue department office.
- Step 2: Visit Village Officer’s or designated officer’s office.
- Step 3: Go to the website for office contact details.
- Step 4: Consult the designated authority for applying the procedure.
- Step 5: Complete the application form and attach the required documents.
- Step 6: Authorities will check applications and documents.
- Step 7: Follow guidelines and pay applicable fees.
- Step 8: Receive acknowledgment receipt.
- Step 9: Collect the certificate on an informed date.
- Step 10: Circle Officer verifies details, conducts a local inquiry, and checks records.
- Step 11: Report sent back to issuing authority.
- Step 12: Issuing authority makes a decision.
- Step 13: Applicant receives status through SMS.
- Step 14: If approved, the certificate is delivered or issued as per norms.
- Aadhaar Card
- Ration Card
- School Certificate
- Voters ID
Where to Apply for One and Same Certificate?
There are two ways of applying for the certificate:
The offline method is already mentioned in the above section. Here, we will be discussing the online procedure. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Step 1: For one and the same certificate applications, use the online portal URL
- Step 2: Use the proper credentials to log in or create a new account.
- Step 3: Finish the registration process and register OTPs.
- Step 4: Under “One Time Registration,” choose “Applicant Registration.”
- Step 5: Specify the information and press the “Save” button.
- Step 6: Upload the necessary paperwork, then pay.
- Step 7: Obtain acknowledgment and save it for future use.
- Step 8: The application will be handled by the department in person.
- Step 9: Receive a status update on the registered mobile number.
- Step 10: Download a certificate from the portal or get one as needed.
Documents Required For One and the Same Certificate
- Application form: Form for applying for One and the Same Certificate.
- Residence proof: Document showing the applicant’s residential address.
- Identity proof: Document proving applicant’s identity.
- Ration card: A document issued by the government showing the applicant’s household information.
- School certificate: Certificate showing the applicant’s educational qualifications.
- Voter ID: Document issued by Election Commission for voter registration.
- Self-declaration affidavit: Document containing the applicant’s self-declaration of information.
- Passport size photograph: Recent photograph of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card: Unique identification card issued by the government.
What Are the Information Required for One and the Same Certificate?
- Real Name of the Applicant: It is one of the most crucial elements the applicant needs to submit. Without this information, the process cannot be completed.
- Father’s / Husband’s Name: It is one of the common forms of information needed for various government certifications. In this case, if you are unmarried, you need to provide your father’s name and your husband needs to be provided in the case of married ones.
- Complete postal address: The applicant must submit their complete postal address, which should include their home number, street name, location, city or town, district, and state.
- Gender: According to their identity proof, applicants must specify their gender on the application form.
- Address of Applicant: The applicant’s address must coincide with the address on their residence proof paper.
- Date of Birth: The most common information needed for every government-based procedure is the Date of Birth. You need to provide the correct DOB with genuine proof.
- Caste: The applicant is required to submit their cast information also. It should be based on the caste certificate provided to them by the government.
- Name of Mother: It is a must-provide information for most of the government procedures. It is mainly applicable to male candidates.
- Date of Application: The applicant must state the day on which their application was submitted.
- Mobile number: The candidate must submit their cellphone number for communication purposes.
- Two identity markings: For identification purposes, the applicant must list two distinct identification marks on the application form.
- Exactly all alterations of your name (Alias name): The applicant is required to give all name variations, including any possible aliases accurately.
- Pin code: The applicant must give a PIN number for their postal address.
- Email address: The candidate may supply their email address for communication purposes.
The One and Same Certificate is a crucial document that helps people in proving their identity and prevents errors in official documents, to sum up. Applicants must fulfill specific eligibility requirements, such as being an Indian citizen and a state resident, to apply for the certificate.
The time it takes to process the certificate may vary, but applicants can speed up the procedure by making sure they submit all necessary paperwork and accurate, complete information. The certificate’s fees may also change depending on the applicant’s category, such as SC/ST or BPL. Lastly, getting a One and Same Certificate is a simple step that can give assurance and speed up formal processes.
FAQs on One and Same Certificate
Here are some frequently asked questions about one and same certificate:
How long does it take to receive one and same certificate?
Processing time varies based on issuing agency. 15-30 days are needed to receive the certificate. Accuracy and completeness of documents affect processing time. Submit all required documents for timely processing. Provide accurate information to avoid delays in the process.
Why is it required to have one and same certificate?
A one and same certificate is required to establish a person’s identification. It is necessary to fix inconsistencies in the names of several papers. It facilitates the use of numerous government programs and services.
When was one and same certificate introduced?
On the Ministry of Home Affairs’ orders, the One and Same Certificate was implemented in India in 2001. This certificate was created to ensure that people have a document that can be used in court to demonstrate that they are using various names for the same person.
Can you get a One and Same Certificate if you have a split personality?
No, a One and Same Certificate is given to affirm that the person whose name appears on numerous documents is actually the same person. People who have multiple personalities or split personality disorders are not eligible for it. The person should get medical assistance from a professional in these situations.
Can your pet receive a One and Same Certificate?
No, the One and Same Certificate is only given to people who must prove that they are the same person even when their names appear under different names on different official papers. Pets cannot apply for this certificate since they lack formal documents.