Technological progress has revolutionized the nature of work in ways which couldn’t ever be envisaged in the history of mankind. During the Industrial Revolution, factories and machines replaced manpower to great extents. The same goes for this new wave of innovation – technology has transformed the way people work today. Twenty years back, there was no concept of “work from home”. Nobody would believe if you say that you actually work in your pyjamas. By now, it definitely has become the most viable option in the tech age.
Technology allows you to work remotely from anywhere in the world at any time and with equal efficiency and productivity. With technological convenience, it is no surprise that people want to ditch their desk jobs and opt to work as a freelancer. However, freelancing is not that easy as it sounds. It requires discipline, time-management and a lot of other skills.
Time is money, especially if you are in the freelancing business, where mostly your billables are decided on the basis of the time you put in.
To help you with your time, myHQ has curated a list of 10 best time tracking app for freelancers. Take a look:
This magic app is built for speed and ease of use. It provides hassle-free time tracking so your business works like clockwork.
This app will help you break down your hours by project, clients, and tasks to see what’s making you money and what is holding back.
- Simple time tracking – Just push a button to start your timer.
- Flexible and powerful reporting – This app can help you break the data in multiple ways and get you information that you need.
- Works everywhere – This app lets you track time in 80+ online tools. You can plug it to all your devices. Isn’t that brilliant?
- Effectively manage your time – This app also monitors your idle hours. You can get to know where your time is going and you can manage it effectively.
Everhour is the best time tracking app for freelancers.
This app comes with resource planning for tracking multiple projects and who’s working on which ones.
It then sorts projects by those that are billable to clients, the budget of each project, and their respective deadlines.
- Integrates with other applications – This app allows tracking time directly from the interface or your project management tools such as Asana, Trello or Basecamp.
- Get customizable reports – You can customise the reports and have greater insights as compared to traditional reports. You can also issue invoices with this app and export it to Xero, Quickbooks, and FreshBooks.
- Work with team – Daily summary emails with a team progress can be used in stand-ups or just to save time from opening reports.
Spend less time tracking and more time doing–that’s the promise from Harvest.
This app lets you connect to 70+ business apps from project management to accounting.
You can get support from the Harvest team whenever you are stuck.
- Track time and expenses- Harvest makes it easy to track time and expenses, so you get access to critical data without driving yourself (or your team) crazy.
- Keep track of your team’s time- Timesheets provides a wealth of information that can help you manage your team more intelligently.
- Take the pain out of getting paid – Turn your billable time and expenses into professional invoices, send them to your clients, and get paid online.
This app takes a different approach from other tools.
It lets you schedule your time and then track that.
It is one tool that will help you manage your productivity, profitability and efficiency.
- Secure tracking – This app tracks your data and keep it in a secure place and keeps your timeline private.
- Give you suggestions – Timely’s AI takes your recorded work, groups it together and suggests time entries.
- Automatic time tracking – After your suggestions become more accurate, you can entrust it to manage your whole timesheet by itself – achieving completely automatic time tracking.
Articles you may like:
- Top tools to improve productivity for freelancers
- Conduct online meetings with these tools for freelancers
- How to decide the perfect freelance hourly rate for you
This app gives you access to a user-friendly dashboard with screenshot activity, daily, weekly, and calendar timesheets.
You can also add and schedule tasks. You can also adjust settings to your needs.
- Team Dashboard – Hubstaff lets you see your whole team in one place so you can get the information you need at a glance.
- Flexible timesheets – This app lets you prepare flexible timesheets. You can view calendar, weekly, or daily breakdowns of the times your team members work.
- Internet monitoring – It lets you see employee internet usage whenever they are working and tracking time. You can see the time spent on every website and even get a quick preview of what the page looks like.
Connecteam is the time tracking app that was designed especially for employees on the go. It offers intuitive and stress-free features to ensure your business is streamlined.
Easily track and manage work hours on jobs and projects, improve your payroll process and the way you manage timesheets, and collaborate with your out-of-office employees like never before.
- Simple time tracking – Just push a button to clock in and out. Plus, includes GPS geo-location, job, project, customer classifications, and more.
- Timesheets made easy – Expedite timesheet review and approval process and export it in your preferred format to simplify payroll.
- Real-time visibility – Whether you’re in the office or in the field, gain real-time visibility into your teams’ actions and activity. Know who clocked in when and where, even on the go!
- Make it automated – make your operation run smoothly with push notification and reminders to ensure your team clock-in and clock out, daily limit alerts, auto clock-out of employees exceeding the allowed working hours, and more.
It is the best time tracking app for freelancers who travel a lot.
This app is specifically designed for the freelance community.
- Full privacy control for freelancers- TopTracker gives you full control over what you keep track of and how often, with options including simple time tracking, screenshots, or webcam shots.
- Centralized view of all projects – Whether you’re a manager looking for ways to improve your team’s performance or a freelancer integrating into a team remotely and looking to optimize your productivity, information on TopTracker is always clearly laid out and easy to digest.
RescueTime allows freelancers who want to know how they’re spending their time but don’t necessarily need to report back to any manager.
With so many distractions in your digital life, it is easy to get scattered.
This app helps you understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive.
- Track time – Set alerts to let you know when you spent a certain amount of time on an activity, be it sending emails or attending meetings.
- Remove distraction- Block distracting websites by choosing an amount of time to focus and RescueTime will block those websites.
- Control – Time measurement when you want it. Pause or quit at any time. You are in complete control.
It allows freelancers to track time, offers financial assistance and helps in scheduling. It works as a digital form of timesheets.
- Easy Scheduling – You can schedule your work, tasks, projects whenever you want.
- GPS Tracking – TSheets has a GPS location tracking – useful feature during business trips.
- Synchronise – You can synchronize the app with accounting tools to create better invoices.
This best time tracking app for freelancers is for free, even after trial. So for those who wish to cut costs and improve productivity, this can be a great choice. Get a trial version right away to know more about this.
- Automatic time tracking – you don’t have to switch between tasks. TimeCamp tracks time for you.
- Reports – Extensive reports provide an in-depth analysis of your activities. They also show your productive and unproductive activities.
These best time tracking apps for freelancers work wonders in mapping operational flow and tapping upon the pressure points in productivity. These apps can define a more suitable workflow which is synchronised to improve productivity and make it all more time-efficient.
Don’t miss out on good articles like this. Subscribe to our newsletter today!
Liked it? Read more:
Q. What is the average income of freelancers in India?
A. According to a recent survey, freelancers earn around INR 19 Lacs per annum.
Q. What are the most common issues faced by freelancers in India?
A. Freelancing is a challenging job, from getting a regular income source to pitching your work to suitable employers, there can be a host of issues.
Q. What are the major advantages of freelancing?
A. The most sought after reason people opt for a freelancing job is for independence and flexibility. Other advantages include continuous honking of your skills, diversification of profile and wider reach for new opportunities.