10 Search Engine Marketing strategies that guarantee high brand visibility
In the era of digital and business transformation, the ways to present your brand and market your products, service has changed drastically. Similarly, to keep up with the standard and modernized ways of marketing, let’s understand what is search engine marketing and how you can utilize it for promotions while implementing the best strategies.
What’s the meaning of Search Engine Marketing?
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a paid method of marketing to market your website on search engine pages which helps a brand increase the visibility and traffic of a site in a targeted manner. The explanation is basic. SEM can help accomplish better business objectives and expose your business to a global audience.
Every brand is looking to bag top spots on search engine results with minimal costs per click and boost traffic and sales from the promotions. The most known and utilized SEM engine is Google Ads, and others like Bing Ads for instance. Since these searchers are habitually set up to buy, SEM can essentially help you with achieving your business goals, as it drives quality traffic to your site.
How are SEO and SEM different?
Inside the search results, we can recognize the two:
- SEO: The natural or common outcomes are normally shown in the center of the page and are chosen by Google algorithms, the significance of the site (that is, the nature of its content and how much it’s relevant and quality of indexing) along with the authority of the site (joins from different pages.
- SEM: The paid outcomes are generally shown at the top of the page. Here the advertiser pays to get desired clicks and traffic on their site. To reserve spaces in search engines, it is important to spend a specific ad budget to appear on top of search engines, for example, Google Ads.
This can be a practical method to drive moderate amounts of traffic to your site and helps you generate leads. It additionally helps your brand rank better and appears at the top.
SEM and SEO can work in a mutual manner to drive your business goals. An all-around SEM strategy can likewise help your site’s SEO endeavors by producing qualified site traffic. This shows the search engines that your site is solid and should be viewed as a reliable resource.
This is what happens when a user searches for the term, buy Gibson guitar online.
Articles you may like:
- 12 Digital Marketing Trends To Look Out For in 2021
- Whatsapp Marketing Strategy For Startups & SMEs In India
- 6 Smart Ways to Integrate Email Marketing with Social Media
How different brands have leveraged successful SEM strategies to stand out:
Search Engine Marketing might be quicker than SEO, However, it doesn’t guarantee the results at all if correct strategies are not used. You can utilize paid ads for a purpose like brand awareness or lead generation. Before initiating any campaign, you should be clear about your objectives and the amount you are happy to pay to appear at the top and rank higher.
Here are a few steps to master the SEM strategy for your brand:
1. Keyword research and development
Keywords are the key element, your audience uses to find out more about you and your brand services. Consider how your audience searches the terms and what kind of keyword they use to search for a particular thing.
- High chances of conversion (The keywords that audience types)
- Higher click-through rate (CTR) as it generates more traffic to the site.
Develop your list of keyword library in this manner:
- Step into the shoes of your customer and tap those keywords which will direct traffic to your site. It might include the name of your company, product, or value-added services they are searching for.
- Product or service keyword list incorporates terms that users search for.
- Affinity keywords are terms that have a free relationship with your business. For example, somebody looking for a face mask will definitely search for keywords like buying a face mask.
- A long-tail keywords list incorporates longer terms that are generally more explicit, including 3-5 word phrases. For instance, face masks for dry skin.
- The negative keywords list contains terms that you should not use. These terms pull in unimportant traffic, so it’s ideal to utilize them as channels to prevent your ad budgets on them. By refining your negative keywords list over the long haul, you can improve the nature of your traffic, bringing about more leads and customers.
2 . Landing page
Here are a couple of tips to improve your Landing pages:
- Conduct an experiment to decide whether your pages need modification to be viable with your SEM postings
- Test all connections so that each posting is highlighted on the right page.
- Ensure that the site offers the right services, so you can follow all customers.
- Make transformations simple with only a couple of solid, call to action and a simple to-explore interface.
3. Creative Ad copy
Creating an Ad copy that consists of relevant keywords and does not look like a sales pitch. Firstly, Brands should focus moreover on the creative aspects and develop an ad copy that’s not:
- Deceiving or misleading
- Should attract unnecessary and irrelevant traffic.
- Meanwhile, check that it does not contain irrelevant terms.
Brainstorm on how to make a convincing advertisement that catches the eye of users, and tempts them to search more about the brand and its offerings.
4. SEM Campaign structure
- Establish classes of keywords based on the search engine that you are using to run the campaign.
- Test the URLs for every keyword to guarantee they highlight the right pages.
- Review your ad copy and make sure it’s free of error.
5. Optimization of the SEM campaign
Testing and monitoring is the key to optimizing the campaign. The more dynamic a keyword is, the more careful you ought to be with your examination. You should consistently be trying something, and you should look to ceaselessly upgrade your goal with minor changes that improve the performance of SEM techniques.
Track your transformations over the long run to see where are you losing out. You can pinpoint the areas and improve the issues and challenges along the way. The key is to keep experimenting.
6. Measure the results:
Examine the results carefully. You can quantify the ROI of each strategy, and evaluate it against the average ROI on different campaigns.
7. Enhance the metrics
Remember your objectives when you need to improve your targets. By understanding the connection of key audiences, you can make changes to correct the activities and bid your budgets wisely.
8. Think about long term conversions
Momentary success is fine, yet your business needs a strategy that adds value to your prospects. Your SEM techniques should be highly targeted, sustain a good brand image, and helpful in retaining the existing customers.
9. Focus on Brand Vision
Your brand vision should be in sync with the campaigns that you are running. From color, font to designing the ads every aspect should have a relevant goal that can be measured wisely.
10. Procure the best out of the best:
At the point when you need to discover clients that will stay to become brand advocates, it might take to some degree a reset in your ordinary standards and practices of business.
Above all, buckling down on offering irrelevant things, you should attempt to get more close to home and hope to gain model clients that enhance the overall brand image.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest updates on entrepreneurship and digital marketing delivered right in your inbox!
Search Engine Marketing tools that monitor your Website’s Visibility
Competitive Keyword Research Tools
SEMrush is among one of the extraordinary SEM tools that help in deciding the ranks of pages that are positioning for your keywords. This tool performs an inside- out backlink examination, to overview and analyze the keyword strategy for your brand.
1. Ad Text Generator
2. AdWord Bid Tool
AdWords Bid Tool transforms keywords list into focused ads and further breaks down the consequences of those promotions. AdWords Bid Tool helps setting, costs, impression, and changes, which further lessens the exertion of following PPC campaigns.
Budget Estimation Tools
1. CPC ROI Calculator
Traditional Keyword Research Tools
SpeedPPC is software that automates the PPC campaign, consequently, allowing you to outline target based promotion gatherings and welcome pages in less time. It helps to make suitable landing pages by utilizing applicable search terms and compose better promotions, in order to produce higher PPC.
Articles you may like:
- Top social bookmarking sites for content distribution
- How to use Facebook messenger bot for product marketing
- High DA blog commenting websites to spread the word around
Bid Management & PPC Campaign Management Tools
1. AdWords Editor
2 AdWord Scripts
Keyword Grouping & Generation Search Engine Marketing Tools
1 Keyword Combiner
2. Keyword Wrapper
A/B Testing Tool
This tool gives information for every new ad that is posted. WhatRunsWhere gives information about 1,50,000 presentation distributors subsequently, from more than 90 advertisement organizations from 15 unique nations.
2. Google Auction Insights
It is an extremely useful tool that can be used for comparing your performance against your competitor’s campaigns. This PPC tool allows you to compare the impression share of your competitors. The insights show your competitors’ average position and can be segmented by device and time.
Liked it? Read more here:
- 8 Best Email Marketing Tools For Improved Performance In 2020
- A Beginner’s Guide To Email Marketing [Free Ebook]
- Emails Going To Spam? 9 Reasons Why This Happens & How To Avoid It
* Get the latest updates right in your inbox!